Juvenile Court & Private Custody Attorney in Cleveland
Helping Independence Parents Resolve Custody Issues
Beginning on March 22, 2019, Ohio juvenile courts no longer have jurisdiction
over a custody issue if:
However, any other arrangement can still be handled by an Ohio juvenile
court. At The Law Offices of LeeDaun C. Williams LLC, our Cleveland juvenile
court and private custody lawyer can help you ensure any legal decision
concerning custody is in your child’s best interests.
Call our office at
(216) 350-8511 for a complimentary consultation today.
Custody & Visitation Actions of the Juvenile Court
In Ohio, unmarried parents can resolve custody issues in the juvenile court.
This court system utilizes the Ohio child’s best interests standard
when determining custody.
The standard incorporates 10 factors:
- The child’s parents wishes
- The court’s wishes and concerns
- The child’s relationship with each parent and member of their households
- How the child interacts with each parent’s community
- The mental and physical health of all parties involved
- The parent more likely to facilitate the parenting rights of the other
- If either parent has upheld support payments
- If any member of each parent’s household has been convicted of a crime
- If either parent has willfully denied the other visitation time with the child
- If either parent intents to establish a life outside of Ohio
Both parents have an equal chance of obtaining custody of a child at the
beginning of this process. The state uses the above factors as a way to
determine how custody and visitation should be divided between the parents.
The legal proceedings that occur between unmarried parents is the same
for married parents. Custody is determined by the factors mentioned above.
Parents will either be granted joint or sole custody of the child. Once
this has been determined, the parents must create a parenting plan that
reflects the custody arrangement.
If the parents have a hard time working together to create a parenting
plan, our Cleveland juvenile court and private custody attorney can help
them reach a peaceful conclusion. If our intervention is not effective,
parents will need to have a judge create the parenting plan.
Here to Help You Establish a Sound Custody Arrangement
The Law Offices of LeeDaun C. Williams LLC will work with you and the other
parent of your child to determine the best custody and parenting plan
for your situation.
Complete our online contact form or call us directly at
(216) 350-8511 to schedule your appointment.